Journalism in the service of society

OSUN: Fire guts residence in Ooni’s palace

AN apartment building in the courtyard of Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II’s palace caught fire yesterday night.

According to the information gathered, the incident began at 11:30 p.m. with an electrical appliance explosion brought on by a power surge in the residence.

The director of media and public affairs at the Ooni’s Palace, Moses Olafare, confirmed the occurrence in a statement today.

Olafare revealed that the Government Fire Service, OAU Fire Service, and Palace Emergency Control Unit worked together to immediately put out the inferno.

He stated that it only had an impact on the building that was situated in a certain region of the palace grounds.

Comments are closed.

Naija Times