Journalism in the service of society

Zuckerberg says time to move on if Elon Musk doesn’t get serious about cage fight 

Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Meta Platforms Inc., said it’s “time to move on” from speculation that there will be a cage fight match between him and Elon Musk.

In the professional world of technology, Zuckerberg’s newly launched social media platform “Threads” is competing against Musk’s “X”.

“If Elon ever gets serious about a real date and official event, he knows how to reach me. Otherwise, time to move on,” Zuckerberg posted Sunday on Meta’s Threads. 

“I’m going to focus on competing with people who take the sport seriously.”

Public rivalry between Musk, 52, and Zuckerberg, 39, intensified after the initial success of Meta’s Threads social media platform in July. Threads, which allows users to post short blurbs in a similar fashion to X, the Musk-owned platform formerly known as Twitter, reached 100 million users within a week of its launch.

Musk, the world’s richest person, talked up possibilities of a fight between him and Zuckerberg for weeks. Musk then posted last week that he will receive an MRI of his neck and upper back, which may require surgery.

Earlier, Musk had shared ‘new details’ about fight against Zuckerberg. 

Musk had announced that match will be held in Italy.

“The fight will be managed by my and Zuck’s foundations (not UFC).Livestream will be on this platform and Meta. Everything in camera frame will be ancient Rome, so nothing modern at all,” Musk had said.

“I spoke to the PM of Italy and Minister of Culture. They have agreed on an epic location,” he had said.

However, Musk hadn’t revealed the exact location of the fight in Italy.

Comments are closed.

Naija Times