Journalism in the service of society

Bombshell: ‘Betrayed’ Ronaldo attacks Man United, Ten Hag, Rooney, Rangnick

Cristiano Ronaldo has claimed that he feels ‘betrayed’ by Manchester United in an explosive interview with Piers Morgan which aired tonight, and in which he had harsh words for Erik ten Hag, Wayne Rooney and Ralf Rangnick.

Although there were reports in the summer that Ronaldo was trying to force a move away from United to a club in the UEFA Champions League, the 37-year-old star claims that United have been trying to force him out and are making him feel like a ‘black sheep’.

“Not only the coach, but the other two or three guys around that are around the club,” he told Piers Morgan on his Talk TV show tonight.

When he was asked if he feels that senior executives at Old Trafford are trying to get rid of him, Ronaldo replied: “Honestly, I shouldn’t say that… don’t know… But listen I don’t care, I’m always… People should listen to the truth. Yes, I feel betrayed and I feel that some people don’t want me here, not only this year but last year, too.”

Ronaldo, who has scored only three goals this season in 16 appearances in all competitions and once refused to come on as a substitute, also hit out at manager Ten Hag.

“I don’t have respect for him because he doesn’t show respect for me. If you don’t have respect for me, I’m never gonna have respect for you,” he said.

Ex-teammate Wayne Rooney, who recently criticised Ronaldo’s attitude, also felt the Portuguese star’s wrath, as he added: “I don’t know why he criticises me so badly. Probably because he finished his career and I’m still playing at high level. I’m not going to say that I’m looking better than him, which is true.”

Although Ronaldo had no public disagreements with Rangnick, who took over on a caretaker basis after Ole Gunnar Solksjaer was sacked last November, he still fired verbal shots at the Austrian.

He said: “If you’re not even a coach, how are you going to be the boss of Manchester United? I’d never even heard of him.”

Ronaldo has had a poor season with the Red Devils after staying away from pre-season training and offering himself to other clubs before the transfer window closed.

The Portugal captain, who is set to take part in his fifth World Cup in Qatar, was recently suspended and fined heavily for leaving a match early, having refused to come as a late substitute.

The 37-year-old has missed United’s last two matches due to illness, having last featured for Ten Hag’s side during their 3-1 defeat to Aston Villa last Sunday.

Ronaldo didn’t travel to London today as United beat Fulham 2-1 in the last Premier League before a six-week break for the World Cup taking place in Qatar.

The Mirror reports that having expressed his desire to leave the club in private before United’s pre-season tour began in July, tonight’s interview is the first time that Ronaldo has gone public with his feelings barring a telling Instagram comment posted back in August which slammed media reports surrounding his future.

“They know the truth when they interview in a couple weeks,” Ronaldo wrote before the summer transfer window closed without him getting a move.

“The media is telling lies. I have a notebook and in the last few months of the 100 news I made, only five were right. Imagine how it is. Stick with that tip.”

Comments are closed.

Naija Times